All fees are payable either weekly (cash only) or four weekly in advance as agreed on the contract. Fees may be paid by bank transfer or cash. Fees are subject to change, at the discretion of Poppies Nursery, with at least one month’s notice.
Tax Free Childcare
In this scheme the Government add £2 (£4 for children with disabilities) for every £8.00 parents save (max gov. Contribution £2,000 per year)
details available on https://childcare-support.tax.service.gov.uk/
Government Funded Hours
All families are entitled to the universal offer of 15 hours funded childcare for their 3 and 4 year olds (from term after their third birthday for 38 wks a year). Or the 15 hrs can be spread throughout the year (stretched offer) – see below
Working parents of 3 and 4 year olds can access 30 hours funded childcare if they meet certain criteria (from the term after their third birthday for 38 wks a year)
For further information and check eligibility visit: www.norfolk.gov.uk/30hours
Parents need to apply for their eligibility code from:
Two year funding: some families are entitled to 2 year funding which is 15 hours of gov. Funded nursery time – check eligibility
- Credits and have an annual household income of less than £16,190 before tax
- Income Support
- Universal Credit and an annual net earned income of £15,400 or less (this will be assessed on up to three of the applicants most recent Universal Credit assessment periods)
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-based Employment and Support Allowance
- The Working Tax Credit 4 week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Support through part 6 of The Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- or they’re looked after by a local council
- they have a current statement of special education needs (SEN)or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
- they get Disability Living Allowance
- they’ve left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order
Parents can choose from a term time only contract or an all year contract:
Term time contract:
· 38 weeks a year – dates set around local state school terms
· Holidays will be charged at £10.00 per day for each day the child would normally have attended unless the child only comes for Government funded hours.
· 570 hrs per year
All year contract (stretched offer):
· 50 weeks a year (closed between Christmas and New Year)
· All absences will be charged full fee unless four week’s notice has been given on a holiday form or by email. If these conditions are met then half fee will be charged.
· Funded hours will still be claimed for during holidays taken or other absence
· 570 hrs per year
All Government Funded hours can be accessed between 8.30 am and 4 pm.
Any hours required between 7.30 and 8.30 am and 4pm – 5.30 pm will be charged appropriate hourly rates for the child’s age group.
Government funding is intended to cover the cost to deliver 15 or 30 hours a week of free, high quality, flexible childcare only. It is not intended to cover the cost of meals, consumables, additional hours or additional services .Additional hours and services will be charged at the current rate set by Poppies Nursery.
Charges for additional services such as trips will be agreed in advance with families.
The following charges apply when taking a funded entitlement place –
- Cost of Meals Breakfast – £1.00
Lunch – £2.70
Tea – £1.75
- Services for children on 3-4 year grant will be charged a £1.00 per day if they attend morning sessions. Afternoon sessions are free.
- Consumables: parents to provide nappies – wipes are included
The above charges are voluntary. Families are able to supply their own meals. It may be possible to waive or reduce these costs.
We do encourage anyone who has any difficulties meeting their obligations to discuss this with Laura Eastwick.
The Government funded free entitlements will be delivered consistently so that all children accessing any of the free entitlements will receive the same quality and access to provision, regardless of whether they opt to pay for additional hours, services, meals or consumables. The entitlement is offered free. Parents will not be charged a “top-up” fee to recoup the difference between the amount received from the Local Authority and the current hourly rate.
A registration fee of £75 is charged once a childcare place has been offered. This is voluntary for those families whose child(ren) only access the funding entitlement.
Children who arrive more than five minutes earlier than their contracted time or are collected more than five minutes later than their contract time, without prior agreement, will have a charge of £5 per half hour added to their bill.