Poppies Privacy Notice
We work within the guidance of the General Data Protection Guidance ( GDPR) May 2018 and our own Data Policy (available www.poppiesdaynursery.co.uk ).
- We are open and honest with families from the outset about
why, what, how and with whom information will, or could be, shared and seek their agreement, unless:
- it is unsafe or inappropriate to do so.
- We share consent where appropriate and, where possible, respect the wishes of those who do not consent to share confidential information. We may still share information without consent if, in our
judgement, the lack of consent can be overridden in the public interest.
- We will need to base our judgement on the facts of the case and
consider the safety and well being of the person and others who may be affected by their actions.
- We will ensure that the information we share is necessary for the purpose for which we are sharing it, is shared only with those people who need to have it, is accurate and up-to-date, is shared in a timely fashion, and is shared securely.
- We will keep a record of our decision and the reasons for it – whether it is to share information or not. If we decide to share, then we will record what we have shared, with whom and for what purpose.
The categories of information that we hold include:
- Names, dates of birth addresses, contact details.
- Characteristics such as language, ethnicity, disability
- Safeguarding information
- Special educational needs
- Medical and administration information
- Attendance, holiday records
- Development records
- Behavioural information
We collect and use information for the following purposes:
- To support children’s development
- Ensure their safety
- To meet our statutory requirements
Information is stored in locked filing cabinet or on Poppies laptop which is locked in cupboard at nursery or used by staff in compliance of E safety / data protection policies.
We collect information mainly from parents or other statutory bodies in the case of children involved in child protection or with special educational needs.
We store information securely in accordance with our Data Protection policy and dispose of information as stated in our data retention schedule.
We share information only with (unless the law and our polices allow us):
- The local authority – Norfolk Early Years
- Schools the children attend after leaving us.
- Government depts. And agencies (for details of how the government may use data see: Data protection: how we share pupil and workforce data – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Requesting access to your personal data:
- Under data protection legislation parents have the right to request access to information that we hold about them. To make a request for your information or to access your child’s records contact Laura Eastwick @ Poppies Nursery or via our email.
- Information will be provided with one month.
- You have the right to seek redress, either through the ICO ( https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ ) or the courts. See Data Protection Policy for details.
Government use of individual data – pupil data that we collect and share with the DfE:
- Underpins early years funding
Please do approach us if you have any questions regarding Data Protection.